30 January 2013

Liebster Award #2

Thanks to The Ramblings of a Diva Book Nerd for nominating me (again) for the Liebster Award. Check out her blog and follow her while you are at it :) I will be using this as an opportunity to further introduce myself. I will answer the questions and list another set of random facts about myself, but I will not be passing on the award further (finding the right blogs to nominate is very time consuming, and university is keeping me busy these days).

However, if you would like to participate in passing around the Liebster Award and you know of any cool blogs with less than 200 followers that deserve attention, consider yourself nominated, feel free to answer these questions and to pass the award around. The rules are as follows:

  1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog, and link back to the blogger who presented this award to you. 
  2. Answer the 11 questions from the nominator, list 11 random facts about yourself and create 11 questions for your nominees. 
  3. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 11 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed and leave a comment on their blog letting them know they have been chosen. (No tag backs)
  4. Copy and Paste the blog award on your blog.

11 Questions from my Presenter

1. Living or dead, who would be your first choice to invite to an imaginary dinner party? 

Since I am not a master when it comes to interacting with unfamiliar human beings and meeting a celebrity of any sort would very likely end up being extremely awkward, I would most like to invite my parents to a dinner party. That way I'd be sure I would have a good time :)

2. Top three items to take on a tropical holiday? 

A good book, a nice bikini, and sunscreen? :)


3. Favourite book character?

I can't pick one, but here are my top 10 (in no particular order)!
  • Katniss Everdeen in The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins
  • Oskar Schell in Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close by Jonathan Safran Foer
  • Lisbeth Salander in The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larson
  • Arya Stark and John Snow in A Game of Thrones by George R. R. Martin
  • Hermione Granger in the Harry Potter series by J. K. Rowling
  • Holden Caulfield in The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
  • Hamlet in The Tragedy of Hamlet, Prince of Denmark by William Shakespear
  • Minny Jackson in The Help by Kathryn Stockett
  • Death in The Book Thief by Markus Zusak
(I should probably dedicate a separate blog post to my favourite book characters)

4. What are you afraid of? 

Birds! I am terrified of them - a true ornithophobe. There is no particular reason or event (that I can remember) that has caused or triggered this phobia, I am just terrified of being touched by a bird. I have a hard time walking by a bird on the street when I am on my own and I keep having nightmares of birds.


    5. If you could change your given name, what would you change it to? 

    I don't think I would ever do that, but if I had to I would probably pick a name that does not have an 'r' in it. I don't know why -- just not a fan of r's in the middle of a name (especially the German way of pronouncing it).

    6. Top THREE books that you read during 2012 

      

    7. Favourite film of all time? 

    God, tough one: I don't have the biggest movie repertoire. The Jungle Book is probably the film I have seen the most times over the years, so I'm just going to go with that.

    8. Best piece of advice your mother ever gave you?

    There is not really a mantra or something of the sort that I strongly associate with my mother. I have learnt so much from her, but I think one of the most important things is to always believe in myself. Hab dich lieb, Mama. ♥

    9. How many books did you read during 2012?

    I read a disappointing total of 22 books when I wanted to read 50. I really want to read more in 2013.

    10. Where would be your ultimate holiday location?

    I can absolutely not pick one. I just want to travel the world. There is too much out there to settle for just one destination!

    11. and, FIVE words to describe your personality

    • introverted
    • independent
    • trustworthy
    • listener
    • ambitious

    11 Facts about Myself

    1. I am currently wearing Revlon's Top Speed nail polish in color 860 Metallic.
    2. I was born at 1:42 am.
    3. I will always choose tea over coffee.
    4. I hate all things orange (except the blazer I am wearing right now).
    5. I almost always get sick on vacation.
    6. I am part of the charity Make Change Possible e.V. and absolutely love it! 2013 will be my third summer of volunteering in Namibia.
    7. I prefer a small circle of best friends over a large circle of acquaintances.
    8. I am a night owl. Always have been, always will be.
    9. I have dimples. The one on my left cheek is much more pronounced than the one on my right cheek, though.
    10. I went to three different high schools (by choice! I liked all of them and I did not get kicked out).
    11. I suck at sports. All sports. No exceptions.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment