16 October 2013

Yes, I know.

I have been absent. I have neglected this blog. Some people have really good excuses for doing things like that, I don't. Summer came and away went all sense of commitment. I'm back though. I will try to stay around as well. So let's catch up!

In the Summer of 2013 (May to September) I read:


Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
Publisher: Public Domain Books (1994)
Format: Kindle e-book
ASIN: B000JML7YC
Originally published: 1818

4 out of 5 ships: My first Austen novel. Fell in love with her writing! Only didn't give it 5 ships, because I know she wrote even greater things. Can't wait to become more accustomed with her other works!



Lauren Yanofsky Hates the Holocaust by Leanne Liebermann
Publisher: Orca Book Publishers (2013)
Format: Paperback, 227 pages
ISBN-13: 9781459801097
Originally published: 2013

4 out of 5 ships: Read my review!





The Kitchen House by Kathleen Grissom
Publisher: Touchstone (2010)
Format: Paperback, 369 pages
ISBN-13: 9781439153666
Originally published: 2010

5 out of 5 ships: Work of great importance! The characters will take you with them on their tough journey through everyday life in times of slavery - and they won't let go of you after you close the book. Must read!



The Girl Who Played With Fire (Millenium #2) by Stieg Larsson
Translator: Reg Keeland
Publisher: Vintage Books (2011)
Format: Mass Market Paperback, 724 pages
ISBN-13: 9780307949509
Originally published: in Sweden as Flickan som lekte med elden by Norstedts Förlag (2006)

5 out of 5 ships: What a series! Wasn't able to put this down. Read it in two days. Wanted it to last much longer.




The Girl Who Kicked the Hornets' Nest (Millenium #3) by Stieg Larsson
Translator: Reg Keeland
Publisher: Quercus (2009)
Format: Kindle e-book
ASIN: B002RI9ZPY
Originally published: in Sweden as Luftslottet som sprängdes by Norstedts Förlag (2007)

5 out of 5 ships: The end of a fantastic and unique series! Wish Larsson had gotten the chance to expand his story and give his readers more time with his astonishing characters.



Wool (#1 to #5) by Hugh Howey
Publisher: Simon & Schuster (2013)
ISBN-13: 9781476735115
Originally published: 2012

3 out of 5 ships: Great dystopian world, but its character's didn't really grasp me. Took me forever to get through. O.K.!





I had a great reading summer! Six books in five month does not seem like much, but it was all I could handle with working full-time and planning and going on my volunteer trip to Namibia. I will tell you in my next post, how I kept up with my reading challenge nevertheless!

If you are interested in a review of any of these books, leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment