26 March 2014

i love spring book tag

This tag was created by two book tubers Helene and Amanda, and because spring is probably my favourite season, I decided to give it a go.


How is Spring where you live?


On the 21st of March, the official beginning of spring, the weather was quite nice, I believe - blue skies and about 10°C! The day after it snowed. Then we had a day of sunshine and temperatures went up to 17°C.  Unfortunately, Raincouver has really been living up to its nickname ever since. I will be going to Germany in late April, and I am hoping for some warm days there. Then again you never know, us Germans say that April doesn't know what it wants in terms of weather.


Most anticipated book release this Spring?

I am not really on top of the book release news at all. However there is one new edition of a book that I am looking forward to a lot: A new edition of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland that I will be designing and binding by hand as a final project for my publishing class. Never have I been this excited for a university project!


Show us a book cover that makes you think of Spring.

This is German version of the children's book The Kids of Troublemaker Street by Swedish author Astrid Lindgren. This was one of my favourites when I was young and it brings back many great memories of finally being able to play outside again after a long winter. I was at least as happy as the kids on the cover!  There's nothing greater than seeing new blossoms announcing the end of the winter.












Where are you going to read this Spring?

I hope to find the perfect reading spot in the park nearby - if the weather will allow it. I will always be reading on the bus when I commute, and in my bed before I go to bed. I also have a 10 hour flight coming up in April and I hope to get a good chunk of reading done then.


Find a cover with the sun on it!

Is this considered cheating? Had to pick a book with 'sun' in the title, I just couldn't find a better one. A Thousand Splendid Suns is a must read! Magnificent work of literature, that we can all learn from.
















What are your favorite Spring reads?

I don't really pick my books according to season. This month, I have been reading Francophone and Irish literature, and I am planning to read some fairytales in April. I yet have to decide on a theme for May. Suggestions?


Find a book with many different colors on it. 

This one had to be An Abundance of Katherines by John Green. A very colourful cover including all the primary and almost all the secondary colours. Very 'springy' colours as well. This book has been on my TBR pile for much too long. Maybe May should be devoted to reading the books that have been on there the longest?
















Whom do you tag?

I tag Kathryn from An Abundance of Kathryn, because I mention her favourite book, and Stephanie from Sincerely, Steph because I love her blog, and everybody else reading this. Leave me a comment, or if you write a whole post, leave the link! :)


Happy Spring!


1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for tagging me a little while back! I finally got around to doing this tag :) That children's book is super pretty!

    Sincerely, Steph

    ReplyDelete